Thursday, February 04, 2010

Introducing From Dust to Dust

Fallen for You

From Dust

Fallen Again
As I have explored the effects of light burning away the mists, I have considered what it is in the imagery that has fascinated me. Why was I so drawn to the light and the void of darkness burning away by the light. At the same time I began drawing the people around me. I especially enjoyed doing line drawings of my mother, catching her sighs and her groans and joys in the lines on her face and in her hands and arms. I felt the imagery of real people and the landscapes needed to be brought together as they are in life. I began seeing the human bodies rising out of the earth as new landscapes approached by light, yet oblivious to the light. I have more to consider and discover in this new direction.

I hope you will join me on this adventure.

No comments: